At Industrial Química Lasem, S.A.U. (“IQL” or the “Company”), we are committed to maintaining a safe workplace that complies with our ethical standards, internal regulations, and current legislation, while fostering a transparent environment. This includes providing our employees, suppliers, and business partners with the necessary support and tools to report behaviors that violate our Code of Conduct, as well as our company’s policies, values, and applicable laws.
What is the purpose of the channel?
IQL has a whistleblower channel in accordance with the provisions of Law 2/2023, for the purpose of regulating the protection of persons who report regulatory violations and contribute to the fight against corruption.
Who can use this channel?
The whistleblower channel may be used by IQL employees, temporary staff, interns, as well as IQL shareholders, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
What type of behaviours/incidents can be reported?
The behaviours or facts that can be reported by this channel are the following.
- Any actions or omissions that may constitute an infringement of European Union (“EU”) law, provided that they (i) fall within the scope of the European Union acts listed in the annex to Directive 2019/1937 on the protection of whistleblowers on infringements of Union Law, (ii) affect the financial interests of the European Union, or (iii) have an impact on the internal market of the European Union.
- Actions or omissions that may constitute a serious or very serious criminal or administrative offense.
Clarification: issues related to working conditions, labor complaints or similar cannot be filed through this channel.
How should a report be submitted?
To file reports, IQL has provided the following email address:
Reports can also be filed verbally or, at the request of the whistleblower, through a face-to-face meeting with person in charge of compliance in the Company.
Also, you can submit the reports using the contact form below. If you prefer, communications can be made anonymously.
What information should be included in the report?
The written report will not be subject to any model, although it must contain the following information:
- Preferably, the identification of the whistleblower (including his/her ID number);
- Brief description of the fact or irregularity that is reported and, where appropriate, documentary support or evidence.
- Place and date of the activity reported, if such information is available; and
- Identification of the person(s) who has/have committed the irregularity, if known.
Processing of the report
The whistleblower will receive the acknowledgment of receipt of the reporting within seven (7) calendar days from the date on which the report is received unless this would jeopardize the confidentiality of the communication.
The acknowledgement of receipt shall contain one of the following decisions:
(i) Not admitting the processing as it does not present reasonable indications of constituting an Infringement that can be reported through this channel.
(ii) Admit the complaint for processing and start the internal investigation phase.
(iii) Require the complainant to correct the defects contained in the complaint in order to subsequently admit it for processing.
Is confidentiality maintained?
The absolute confidentiality of the data of the whistleblower, and of any third party mentioned in the report, is guaranteed, except for communications that the Company makes at the request of the competent public authority, courts or tribunals.
Is personal data protected?
The person who uses the whistleblower channel through the above procedure, is carrying out an affirmative action that entails an unequivocal consent for the processing of their personal data by the person responsible for the treatment (the Company), in order to process and organize the reports as described in section 1 of this document. The legal basis for the processing of your data is based on such consent.